Saturday, March 27, 2010

Trouble with Graph

So everytime I record a note with my instrument using audacity, the graph is never a perfect wave. I even played a note with my real guitar and recorded it, and it still wasn't a perfect wave, so I'm pretty sure it's not because of the instrument I made. Do we have to manually adjust it using audacity to make it a sine graph, or what do I do? Help!

Also, is it okay to click on "Generate" and then click "Tone..." with audacity once you've recorded your sound to perfect your graph? I clicked that, and it gave me a perfect sine graph of my note...but I don't know if doing that is allowed.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe there is some interference in the background that is also being picked up and represented in the graph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having the same problem. I tried recording the notes with a piano and the graph still won't come out right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it may be your microphone. When I recorded my instrument at my friend's house, it was perfect,amplitude was one... you get the idea,but when I got home, the graph was really uneven and TINY. Regarding the "generate", I think it would be fine because your just trying to get the calculations perfected, and it would be hard to fix your instrument if it was cut at a store or just really hard in general to tune. I think as long as hard work is evident, it will be okay. Hopefully=]

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have gone through the same thing. im pretty sure its just back ground noise though. your house has to be dead silent for it to be a perfect graph which is really hard to get

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.