Thursday, March 25, 2010

Help with amplification

Im making a ukulele out of cardboard and foamboard, but it is not turning out loud enough. I took it apart again, and am trying to figure out ways to amplify the sound better. Would lining it with aluminum foil work? Or maybe making the soundhole bigger?

2 comments:

  1. Try making the soundhole bigger. The same thing happened to me with a guitar-type instrument I'm making, and making the hole bigger made it louder for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making the soundhole would probably help, and if you can find some hard cardboard or even construction paper, something that a sound wave would bounce of better than foam, try covering the inside of the sound box with that. My guitar is made of wood, so I dont quite have that problem, but I hope I helped.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.