Tuesday, March 16, 2010

materials

Does anybody know any materials useful for this project?

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on what instrument you want to make. Do you have something in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like she said, it depends on what you want to make. You can try making a string instrument.For example a guitar, so you'd need guitar strings and a body,just something kind of hollow, possibly even a shoe box=]. Or a percussion instrument such as a xylophone, in which case, LIVA's video showed a great example.Hollow metal tubes sound like a great idea. Or a wind instrument, like David Jun, who carved out a flute from a squash.It all depends on your preference. These are just brief, general ideas to help you choose what type of instrument you want to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First you should decide what instrument to make because then you won't know what materials would actually be useful to you..but after you decide, I would personally look through every single box filled with random supplies just cause you never know what you're going to find in your own house. I've gone shopping for materials that I later realize I already had which means I just wasted time and money. So make sure you save yourself as much trouble as you can and look around your house first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I chose to use pvc pipe for my wind instrument. Looking on google or bing are great sites to go and explore

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can make a wind instrument by attaching a top of the recorder to a radish. It's hard to make a hole through it without a drill though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made mine out of plywood which seemed a little to thick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you are willing to make a string instrument like something similar to a guitar, you could use a rubber band to connect it and instead of getting the strings tightened up, you could change the length of the rubber bands in order to make different notes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PVC pipe is absolutely amazing for wind instruments (like flutes).

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.