Friday, March 26, 2010

Is it cheating?

Would it be cheating if I used real xylophone bars for my xylophone but still built the base? I have a mini-xylophone set that I could just take the bars off and use, and figured that would be better than different sizes of metal since it would give off a better sound, but I'm not sure if that would be cheating. You're not really making the bars if you just buy them anyway so I wouldn't think it'd be cheating, but I'm not sure.

5 comments:

  1. I wouldn't think it would be cheating. I mean you can do the same with a guitar and buy the strings and make the base. It should be okay if you do the same with a xylophone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are still being creative by building your own base for the xylophone, so I think it's perfectly ok that you use real xylophone bars. Plus, like you said, the real xylophone bars will sound much better, so use them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I would worry about is getting points docked off from the creativity part.
    I think you're still being creative though cause you're still putting things together to make the instrument. And plus, you actually have xylophone bars whereas most people have to go buy metal tubes for something like what you are making. You're just using your resources. You're fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One kid used the top piece of his clarinet and stuck it in a carrot for his project. He posted a picture of it on the blog. If you look at the right hand column of this page you'll see a link called "carrot." I don't think that's cheating so why would yours be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as you made at least 70% of the instrument it is okay.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.